I would say that I am quite the movie fan. I am NOT a movie critic, just know what I like and don’t like. I go at least once a week, sometimes more if they release a bunch of good ones over a holiday week. I remember spending Christmas Day watching Avatar a few years back!
Sometimes it freaks me out when I go to my local theatre and realize I have seen every movie on the marquee (minus the obvious kiddie cartoon type).
I’ve seen a lot of good movies this year. Slept through some. Walked out on one. Here are my Top Ten favs:
1. The Hunger Games. Read all the books, wasn’t sure how it would translate into a PG-13 movie without going into all the blood and guts realities. After seeing the movie I was convinced that the books should not have been classified for “Young Adults”, and that they should have made an “R” rated movie. But after I saw it the second time, I conceded to the brilliance of the movie.
2. The Odd Life of Timothy Green. Yeah, I know. Weird choice. But it moved me. Had a great story line. Made me cry.
3. The Avengers. Mainly because of my Iron Man, Robert Downey Jr. The dude rocks it, big time. Plenty of eye candy in this movie.
4. Bourne Legacy. Jeremy Renner fan. That is all it needed.
5. Snow White & the Huntsman. The Queen demanding “Bring me her heart!” One of my fav scenes ever.
6. Prometheus. Again Charlize Theron was highlight of movie. Programmed her own abortion, just in the nick of time. Ridley Scott keeps the Alien suspense alive and kicking!
7. Looper. Slept through the whole middle the first time, so was very confused. Saw the whole thing the second time and made more sense. Great flick.
8. Dark Knight Rises. Still not a huge Christian Bale fan, his whisper/lisp bugs me. Glad this trilogy is over. Time for a fresh one.
9. Dark Shadows. Grew up watching Barnabas Collins. Johnny Depp was superb.
10. Brave. Fiery red-headed green-eyed girl.
There are a LOT of good new movies still due to come out this year, and I can’t wait. However, I did go see Cloud Atlas yesterday, and walked out after about an hour. I just didn’t get it. But I’m really looking forward to:
Flight, Life of Pi, Skyfall, The Hobbit, Les Miserables, Red Dawn, Gravity, Jack Reacher, Jack the Giant Killer, Silver Lining, Hitchcock, Playing for Keeps, Hunter Killer, and of course the final Twilight, Break Dawn Part II.
I’m sure my Top Ten will change. It might become my Top Twenty. What is your favorite movie this year? I would like to know!